The Truth About Food was a 2007 series by the BBC, consisting of six episodes. The BBC enlisted the help of around 500 volunteers to act as guinea pigs, as well as numerous celebrities and a team of scientists to discover the truth about food. Collectively they conduct 40 investigations to settle some debates or to help to dismiss some myths about food and our diets. Each episode is available to watch here on DocumentaryVine.com (see the numbered tabs below the video, or the episode links below).
- Episode 1: How To Be Healthy
- Episode 2: How To Be Sexy
- Episode 3: How To Feed Your Kids
- Episode 4: How To Be Slim
- Episode 5: How To Stay Young and Beautiful
- Episode 6: How To Be The Best
The series was accompanied by a 240 page paperback book written by Jill Fullerton-Smith, The Truth About Food: What You Eat Can Change Your Life, published in 2007 by Bloomsbury Publishing.