People’s Century is a television documentary series co-produced by PBS and the BBC which examines major events which shaped the 20th century from the perspective of people collectively rather than focusing on key individuals. The American version and British version had some slight differences including different narrators.
There are 26 episodes in total, split across three seasons which were aired in 1995, 1996, and 1997 (one per year). We have all eight episodes of season three available to watch here on Documentary Vine, navigate them via the numbered tabs beneath the video player or via the episode link list below.
- Episode 1: Living Longer (1952)
- Episode 2: Great Leap Forward (1949)
- Episode 3: New Release (1968)
- Episode 4: Half the People (1970)
- Episode 5: War of the Flea (1975)
- Episode 6: God Fights Back (1979)
- Episode 7: People Power (1989)
- Episode 8: Back to The Future (1997)