The Conspiracy Files is a British documentary television series by the BBC which investigates various modern conspiracy theories, episodes are sporadic with the first coming in 2006 and a total of only eleven episodes so far (as of 2017). Each episode in the series is one hour long and broadcast on BBC two.
Osama Bin Laden – Dead or Alive? is the eighth episode of the series and was first broadcast in 2010. The episode examines what has happened to Osama Bin Laden, who despite being subjected to arguably the biggest manhunt in history had not been spotted in many years. The episode questions whether he is really still alive or had died of known health problems, and whether his sporadic propaganda videos were genuine or being faked by a lookalike.
It should be noted of course that this episode was filmed and broadcast prior to the United States government claiming that they had successfully assassinated Bin Laden in Pakistan in 2011, although that event has lead to even more conspiracy theories about whether that assassination was genuine.
Other BBC Conspiracy Files Episodes
- The Conspiracy Files: David Kelly
- The Conspiracy Files: How Diana Died
- The Conspiracy Files: Oklahoma Bomb
- The Conspiracy Files: 9/11 – The Third Tower
- The Conspiracy Files: Lockerbie
- The Conspiracy Files: 7/7
- The Conspiracy Files: Osama Bin Laden – Dead or Alive?
- The Conspiracy Files: 9/11 Ten Years On
- The Conspiracy Files: Who Shot Down MH17?
- The Conspiracy Files: The Trump Dossier