The Conspiracy Files is a British documentary television series by the BBC which investigates various modern conspiracy theories, episodes are sporadic with the first coming in 2006 and a total of only eleven episodes so far (as of 2017). Each episode in the series is one hour long and broadcast on BBC two.
Lockerbie is the sixth episode of the series and was first broadcast by the BBC in 2008, the episode explores the various theories which surround the downing of Pan Am Flight 103 which was destroyed by a bomb on 21st December 1988; large sections of the plane crashed into residential areas of the town of Lockerbie in Scotland. The incident killed all 243 passengers and 16 crew members on the plane, as well as 11 civilians on the ground.
Libyan intelligence agent Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi was later implicated and convicted of planting a bomb in the cargo, but many people doubt his involvement and others point out that there must have been many people involved in such a plot. The programme examines one theory in particular put forward by private investigator Juval Aviv, who was hired by Pan Am to look into the incident, who claims that rogue CIA agents were involved as part of a wider top secret drugs operation which went wrong.
Other BBC Conspiracy Files Episodes
- The Conspiracy Files: David Kelly
- The Conspiracy Files: How Diana Died
- The Conspiracy Files: Oklahoma Bomb
- The Conspiracy Files: 9/11 – The Third Tower
- The Conspiracy Files: Lockerbie
- The Conspiracy Files: 7/7
- The Conspiracy Files: Osama Bin Laden – Dead or Alive?
- The Conspiracy Files: 9/11 Ten Years On
- The Conspiracy Files: Who Shot Down MH17?
- The Conspiracy Files: The Trump Dossier