The Universe is an American television series which explores the universe with the use of CGI and other graphics to show astronomical objects in space, cut with numerous interviews with leading experts in astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology. The first season was aired in 2007 and there have been 9 seasons in total, they aired on the History Channel until 2011 when they switched to H2 until the conclusion of the series in 2015.
Season one ran on the History Channel from 29th May 2007 to 4th September 2007 and consists of 14 individual one hour long episodes. We have all fourteen episodes available to watch here on Documentary Vine, navigate them via the numbered tabs beneath the video player or by using the episode link list below.
- Episode 1: Secrets of the Sun
- Episode 2: Mars: The Red Planet
- Episode 3: End of the Earth
- Episode 4: Jupiter: The Giant Planet
- Episode 5: The Moon
- Episode 6: Spaceship Earth
- Episode 7: Mercury & Venus: The Inner Planets
- Episode 8: Saturn: Lord of the Rings
- Episode 9: Alien Galaxies
- Episode 10: Life & Death of a Star
- Episode 11: The Outer Planets
- Episode 12: Most Dangerous Places
- Episode 13: Search for E.T.
- Episode 14: Beyond the Big Bang