An excellent six part 2009 BBC documentary series by the BBC. Presented by Professor Diarmaid McCulloch, one of the worlds leading historians, it tells the story of the history of Christianity, explores what it means to be Christian in the modern day, and talks about what the future of Christianity may look like. The series was given a DVD box set release. The six episodes are:
- Episode 1: The First Christianity
- Episode 2: Catholicism: The Unpredictable Rise of Rome
- Episode 3: Orthodoxy – From Empire to Empire
- Episode 4: Reformation: The Individual Before God
- Episode 5: Protestantism – The Evangelical Explosion
- Episode 6: God in the Dock
The series was accompanied by the epic 1200 page book Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years, printed in hardcover and paperback, it quickly became a New York Times bestseller and is still selling well today.